Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crazy LA Happenings: Part II

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 is the most unreal day of my life to date.

Let me tell you why:

My co-worker of two days, Emily (confusing, I know-2 Emily's in one studio) is the greatest human.  In August she filled something out saying she would like to get tickets to the American Idol finale.  Lo and behold, 9 months later and 2 days before the show she was contacted and found out that yes, they do in fact have 2 tickets they would like her to have.  I must've really made an impact on her those two days that we worked together because who did she choose to invite to go with her?  Yes, it was me.

Fast forward to Wednesday.  Emily and I go into work from 10-12.  Rough, I know.  We quickly left work, went to her house, changed into wardrobe-requirement appropriate clothes (i.e. "if you wear jeans, we kick you out") and went to down to the Kodak at Hollywood and Highland.  After waiting in line for 2ish hours, we were let in.  This is where the fun began.

1.  I was seated on the front row.  Of the Kodak.  Next to Ruben Studdard and his wife and daughter.  In front of David Hasselhoff and family.  In front of Heather Locklear and daughter.
2. Aside from those three, I was amongst Kate Walsh, Amanda Bynes, Nicole Richie, Joel Madden, Jason Mraz, Gavin Degraw, Janice Dickinson, a million past contestants, all the judges, etc.
3. Which was fun, but the most amazing part was the 2 hour long concert which included: KISS, Queen, Lionel Richie, Cyndi Lauper, Keith Urban, Fergie, the Black Eyed Peas, Rod Stewart, Steve Martin, Queen Latifah, Lil Rounds, Jason Mraz, etc.
4. And then Kris Allen won.  Ruben's wife and I stared at each other after they announced it and were both shocked.  Both happy, but completely surprised.  
5. And then they shot off the confetti.  It was such a joyful, exciting moment and I felt like a little kid.
6. Emily and I busted outta there to beat the traffic.
7. I dropped her off to see Ben Folds.
8. And I went to see Milosh at the Hotel Cafe.  Again, for free.

It was the most eventful, crazy, amazing and inexpensive night ever.

I'm aware that it's been almost a week since I posted, but life has been so busy!   I hope this one was decent enough to make up for the lack of recent posts.  Be well and keep checking in for more posts. :)

Praise Him for: 
  • Emily-my new co-worker and friend, free concerts all summer long, music, the Lord knowing my heart, and relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment